Invisalign Silver Spring & Beltsville
Clear Braces in Silver Spring MD
Elsabet H. Tekle, DDS provides Invisalign Clear Braces for patients who want straighter teeth without the look of conventional braces.
What are Invisilign Clear Braces?
The Invisalign system is a series of clear aligners used to straighten teeth. The Invisalign aligners are made after Dr. Tekle takes impressions of your teeth and sends them to a lab. The lab makes the Invisalign aligners custom made clear aligners especially for you using computerized technology. After a couple of weeks the clear Invisalign aligners arrive at Dr. Tekle’s office and the first set of Invisalign aligners are tried on your teeth.
The Invisalign aligners are clear and are barely visible to others compared to metal orthodontic Braces with brackets and wires. With the guidance of Dr. Tekle, you move to the next set of Invisalign aligners usually after about 2 weeks. The number of Invisalign aligners will depend on the individual patient and the orthodontic problem. The Invisalign aligners are generally fairly comfortable.
There can be some discomfort when a new Invisalign aligner is placed as it exerts pressure on the teeth to move them. Unlike traditional metal orthodontic Braces, there are no brackets to come off or wires to break and poke.
- Call Elsabet H. Tekle, DDS Phone Number 301-384-7800 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Tekle.
- Complete our online Patient Registration.
- Get directions to our office.
Find answers to frequently asked questions about Invisalign!
For more information on Invisalign, please visit www.invisalign.com.
- Invisalign uses a series of clear removable aligners to straighten your teeth without metal wires or brackets.
- The aligners are made through a combination of Dr. Tekle’s expertise and 3-D computer imaging technology.
- You wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position Dr. Tekle has prescribed.
- You’ll visit Dr. Tekle about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time averages 9 – 15 months and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from case to case.
Elsabet H. Tekle, DDS
Patient Review by Amy R
I originally scheduled a visit with Dr. Tekle in 2012 because of the close proximity of her office to my home and work. Because Dr. Tekle and her staff were approachable, welcoming, and good at what they do I established relationship with this practice for my husband and I to receive our dental care. Over the past four years, we’ve received great care. Recently, I just complete Invisalign and am very pleased with the results. This is a top-notch practice and I highly recommend it to my friends and others.
- Amy R
Patient Review by Kathy K
I have been a patient of Dr. Tekle's for several years. I have a high level of confidence in her abilities and her knowledge. Although I have moved out of the area, I remain a patient and travel the 100 miles (one way) to remain under her excellent care.
- Kathy K
Patient Review by Walter H
Dr. Tekle transformed my life by suggesting invisalign. I am a new person because of her.
- Walter H